A position at the epicentre of greater Cape Town allows easy access to Table Mountain (25 minutes), the penguin colony at Boulders Beach (20 minutes), Cape Point Nature Reserve (35 minutes), the Waterfront (25 minutes) and the Winelands (Constantia 5 minutes-Stellenbosch 30 minutes).
Gracing the mountainside above a tranquil Lake District on the warmer False Bay coastline, Colona Castle, graded 5-Star, is a splendid Mediterranean retreat from which to explore fascinating Cape Town and environs, offering character, exclusivity and infinite charm. Majestic panoramic views stretch from Table Mountain across the Peninsula and Winelands to False Bay and the South Atlantic Ocean.
All Suites and interiors are furnished with treasured antiques and objets d'art collected over many years. Five sumptuous Suites, one Family Suite and two Superior Bedrooms cater for every comfort and convenience. Therapeutic Massages and Spa Treatments are available upon request.
Our Award-winning Executive Chef‘s inspired presentations are an artful combination of the Cape’s finest and freshest organically grown ingredients – a rare culinary celebration in the superb architecture of the candlelit Dining Hall.
Attractions: Whale &, Shark watching, world-class Golf, legendary golden beaches, water-sports...
French and Swahili spoken
* Underfloor Heating
* Flat screen TV's with satellite channels
* DVD & Ipod Docking Station
* Wake up calls
* Telephone messaging service
* Laptop on request
* Electronic Safe
* High speed WIFI
* Heated Towel Rail
* Balconies with spectacular views
* Room service
* Concierge service
* Swimming Pool
* Spa treatments in privacy of Suite
* Transfers on request
* Free parking & valet service
* Open hearth fireplaces
* Curio Shop
* High Speed WIFI
* Gated entry
Colona Castle in Lakeside is particularly well positioned as it is close to all places of interest in and around Cape Town: 5 minutes to Kalk Bay, 5 to 10 minutes to Constantia and its Winelands, 15 minutes to Simonstown and the penguins, 25 mns to the airport, 30 minutes to Cape Point, 30 minutes to Stellenbosch and the Winelands, 20 minutes from the Waterfront and the city centre, 15 minutes from Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, 25 minutes to Hout Bay and the Atlantic Coast... Whale watching from June to November - Beautiful scenic drives - Wine Tasting... 4 world-class Gold courses nearby
* Muizenberg legendary Beach & Surfing
* Kalk Bay Fishing Harbour, restaurants & nightlife
* Constantia Winelands & restaurants
* Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
* Penguins at Boulders Beach
* Cape Point & Cape of Good Hope
* Table Mountain Nature Reserve
* Silvermine Nature Reserve
* Rondevlei Nature Reserve & Bird Sanctuary
* Waterfront, City & Scenic Tours
* Stellenbosch & Franschhoek Winelands
* Shark cage diving
* Virgin Active Fitness Centre nearby
* Hiking trails & Horseriding nearby
* Shopping centres nearby
* and more...